Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My vintage and steampunk tags.


I love to make vintage or steam punk tags. My little collage works of art. I finally got the chance to print out some images from my Dover publications books. I have a huge collection, with and without the CD.

Meaning , I also purchased Dover books with out the cd that they come with, so I just photocopy my images in black and white, then color them in with distress ink.

If I have happened to have the CD, then I would go to my local Pharmacy (not to give out names) and insert my CD in one of those "do it yourself" selection and have them print out my images.




Then I cut out the images I have and create my tags. Lots of fun, making my own charms, like using shrink plastic to make the little doll charms on my Princess Tag.

I made her a doll from a stamp I bought from Lost coast Design. You can see the doll border stamp along the side of the tag.







I used the same stamp to make my miniature doll charms.

I love this stamp. Fits perfectly with my little princess girl in her curls and with the vintage theme as well.









Another tag I design was an inspiration from Tim Holtz tags. I did mine with a little twist.

I used white shrink plastic to make my miniature tags. You can see them hanging from the tree.

Again using a photo image from my Dover book. I like the water drops that are falling down onto the tree, like nourishing it to grow more tags.







I made another one, a spin off version of this one for a challenge at Forever Night Challenge.
There was a photo inspiration to work off of.
I like the colors from the photo and the gears, therefore I put my lady standing behind a gate and she has a chain connected to her necklace and to one of the gears that crown her head.





1 comment:

  1. These are amazing!!! The miniature doll tags are BRILLIANT. More creations from you please!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete